[one-users] Opennebula response time increasing

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Wed Sep 5 05:17:25 PDT 2012

Hi,

Let's try to rule out one thing at a time.

Did you set any timer values in oned.conf that may overload opennebula? If
the values of MANAGER_TIMER, HOST and VM MONITORING_INTERVAL are too low,
opennebula could choke.

Do you have any external authentication or authorization drivers enabled in
oned.conf? Are you using oneadmin to do the requests, or a regular user?
Doing a call to external drivers for each request may be a possible
reason...

Is the communication with MySQL the problem? Next time you see OpenNebula
slowing down, you could try to execute, from the front-end machine, the
following:

$ mysql -u oneadmin -poneadmin -h localhost -P 0 opennebula -e "SELECT body
FROM vm_pool WHERE state<>6;"

Thanks for your feedback

--
Carlos Martín, MSc