[one-users] Opennebula response time increasing

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Tue Sep 4 03:59:05 PDT 2012

Hi,

Can you share some more information about your scenario? Are you using
sqlite, or mysql? MySQL can drastically improve the performance over sqlite.

How are you querying OpenNebula, are you using the CLI, our ruby/java OCA?
The response time can be affected by the xml processing that the OCA has to
do. If you are using Ruby, it is crucial that you have the nokogiri gem
installed

Does the response time increase always over time, or is it related to the
number of existing VMs? If so, how many VMs does it take to make it
irresponsive?

Can you still see the xml-rpc requests in oned.log each second?

I'm trying to reproduce the problem, having over a 1000 running VMs. I'm
doing a onevm create & shutdown every 5 seconds while checking the time it
takes to do a onevm list each second, but can't see any response taking
more than one or two seconds.

Regards
--
Carlos Martín, MSc