[one-users] VM description/comment

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Wed Oct 17 03:42:29 PDT 2012

Hi

Why not using the name of the VM for this?..... Also if you want to append
any arbitrary data to the VM (at creation) you can simply added to the VM
template as:

DESCRIPTION="this is a web server, use 1234 as root password"

This will be stored in the template ans can be queried with the onevm show
command or in the Template tab in Sunstone

Cheers

Ruben

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 4:02 PM, <knawnd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I wonder if there is any way to specify some text as a description/comment
> for a certain VM in order to be able toquery such info later e.g. during
> 'onevm list' command execution. I just don't want to get lost in all my VMs
> and which one is for what.
> I would like to have something like
> $ onevm list
>     ID USER     GROUP    NAME            STAT UCPU UMEM HOST
> TIME    DESCRIPTION
>     11 oneadmin oneadmin one-11          runn 100 1G <host1> 0d 02h07
>        web-server
>     12 oneadmin oneadmin one-12          runn 1001G <host1> 0d 02h03
>      mail-server
>     13 oneadmin oneadmin one-13          runn    100  1G <host2> 0d 00h17
>            development server
>

> Regards,
> Nikolay.

Ruben S. Montero, PhD