[one-users] VNETs & VLAN

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Wed Oct 10 08:07:25 PDT 2012

Hi,

Unlike the monitorization, the accounting is not done in intervals. All the
actions on the VMs are stored, with the exact time of deployment, shutdown,
migration, etc.

The accounting is done for each history entry, meaning that a VM with a
migration will have 2 different accounting entries.
To get the exact number of seconds a VM is active, use STIME (Start Time)
and ETIME (End Time).
This includes the disk files transfer times, but you can also get more
detailed times:

PSTIME PETIME: Prolog (files copied to the Host) start and end time
RSTIME RETIME: Running start and end time
ESTIME EETIME: Epilog (files copied back to the datastores) start and end
time

See the accounting reference here [1]

I'm afraid I can't answer the networking questions, that is implemented
using wizardry as far as I know.

Regards

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.6:accounting
--