[one-users] VNETs & VLAN

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 00:26:21 PDT 2012

Let's assume a standard configuration with 2 networks: public and internal.
- Is possibile to configure multiple filtering types on the same cloud
and on the same virtual instance?
(ebtable for public, vlan/openvswitch for the internal)

I'm asking this because I would like to avoid a public vlan for each
customers on the public side (this will need a router reconfiguration
every time, to add the proper gateway on the same broadcast domain of
customer in each vlan)

- Is possibile, for a customer, to create a sort of PVLAN where a part
of its internal network will be isolated from other virtual machines
(same customer and same vlan). For example, let's assume that
customer1 has 5 VPS: vps1, vps2...vps5.
VPS1 should communicate only with VPS4 in a sort of custom vlan. I
have a VLAN, on private side, for each customers and I would like to
give customers the capability  to create some communication groups.

- Accounting: on which frequency accounting data are saved on DB? This
is much important for us, as we will use this to invoice customers.
Will be possibile to touch the real number of seconds that an instance
was ON  and the real number of seconds that an instance was paused but
with data still present on the node (no cpu/ram utilization but only
disk utilization)