[one-users] XEN HVM

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Wed Nov 21 01:30:05 PST 2012

Hi

You can use the RAW  in your template, as:

RAW= [
HYPERVISOR=xen,
DATA="builder='hvm'
device_model = '/usr/' + arch_libdir + '/xen/bin/qemu-dm'"
]

OpenNebula 4.0 will let you set this raw attributes in the Xen driver
configuration file so you do not need to edit the template. The change is
already [1] in master, and should apply cleanly to 3.8.

Cheers

Ruben

[1] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/1558

 On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 10:05 AM, Enric Pere Pages Montanera <
vprotraining at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am building a Cloud Infrastructure composed by 1 deltaCloud server, 1
> OpenNebula front-end and several OpenNebula nodes.
>
> As I did not want to start from scratch I used the KVM sandbox (I started
> it with Xen and it works ;-) ), after few modifications I have configured
> it to work as a Xen fabric instead of KVM fabric.
>
> I am trying to launch ttylinux image from sunstone, the trasfer process
> works like a charm but the VMs were not started correctly in the worker
> nodes due to the opennebula Xen template that I am using.
> I found some missing entries in my vm configuration file when it arrives
> to the worker node.
> Missing parts:
> # The domain build function. HVM domain uses 'hvm'.
> builder='hvm'
> #
> device_model = '/usr/' + arch_libdir + '/xen/bin/qemu-dm'
>
> How I can configure the One template to work with Xen HVM images? am I
> missing something?
>
> BR,
> Enric Pages

Ruben S. Montero, PhD