[one-users] Save As and Detach option

Roberto Rosende Dopazo rrosende at cesga.es
Wed Nov 21 03:02:59 PST 2012

Hi,

I'm trying with OpenNebula 3.8 "Save As and Detach" option and I found some
problems.

With raw image:
I start virtual machine, save changes from Sunstone and I saw that nothing
happens until I press shutdown for that machine.
Then system try an mv from deploy.0 file to main datastore, but it can't
because when shutdown is pressed owner and group for deploy.0 are changed to
root.root

With qcow2 image:
I start virtual machine, save changes from Sunstone and I saw that nothing
happens until I press shutdown for that machine.
Then I can see in Images section a new image with changes and in its
information a Source tag with physical path in datastore. If I check that path
file image doesn't exist but there is not any error, Sunstone show it as READY
In this case owner and group of deploy.0 are not changed.

Do you have any hint or documentation about that?

Cheers,
 Roberto

--
Roberto Rosende Dopazo