[one-users] Question about VM scheduling

Luis Rodero Merino lrodero at gradiant.org
Tue Nov 27 06:49:15 PST 2012

Hi all,

We are considering using OpenNebula for some internal research tasks. We
would like to know if it is possible to change the VM scheduler module to
implement our own scheduling policies. Reading the documentation, it seems
that the VM scheduler is a monolithic component, so we should replace it
totally to develop our own scheduling policy. Is that so? Or is there any
kind of plugin mechanism for scheduling policies?

Best regards,
Luis

Dr. Luis Rodero-Merino
lrodero at gradiant.org
Gradiant, Edificio CITEXVI, local 14
R/ Fonte das Abelleiras, Campus Universitario de Vigo
Vigo, Pontevedra, Spain, CP 36310
Tf: +34 986 120 430 (ext 2012)     Fax: +34 902 87 95 37