[one-users] OpenNebula & Chef / Knife / Ruby API

Vogl, Yves vogl at adesso-mobile.de
Mon May 21 08:16:39 PDT 2012

Hi,

is there any documentation / interface specification for the OpenNebula Ruby OCA? I could not find anything in the PDF documentation - except a 2-3 pages example.

Why I'm asking...

We've successfully setup an OpenNebula based infrastructure and are planning to provision our VMs through Opscode Chef.
For this purpose we've currently setup a Chef Server and are doing the following steps manually:

1. Instantiate and deploy a certain set of virtual machines
2. Bootstrap the deployed VMs through "knife"

At the moment we evaluate either to write a "Knife" plugin (like the one for EC2) which connects to one of the OpenNebula APIs to automate the creation of virtual machines before provisioning.

Is someone doing any similar and likes to share his best practices?

Cheers,
Yves