[one-users] Adding support for file system LABELs at image creation ? - Was: Re: Disks device mapping wrong in docs ?

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Thu May 24 05:00:16 PDT 2012

Hi.

On Wed, 23 May 2012 16:26:00 +0200, Jaime Melis <jmelis at opennebula.org> wrote:
> Once the vm starts we basically have no control as to where the operating
> systems puts the drives. The use of LABEL= and UUID= in the guest vms helps
> a lot, as you have already noticed.

Using LABELs is indeed probably the most suitable option.

I've then filed a feature request
(http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/1292) to ask for the possibility to
define the image's LABELs for DISK image specifications in the VM
template.

One could then define a :
DISK = [ TYPE = fs,
         SIZE = 4096,
         FORMAT = ext3,
         SAVE = yes,
         TARGET = sdh,
         LABEL = opt ]

And one would then use a LABEL=opt in /etc/fstab to be able to mount it.

It would probably be quite easy to add some mkfs.ext3 -L command to
add the ext3 label when the image is created.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER