[one-users] DISK: BLOCK type

Danny Sternkopf danny.sternkopf at csc.fi
Fri May 11 07:01:12 PDT 2012

Hi,

I wonder how one can request that a disk gets the type BLOCK assigned. I
always end up with DISK which finally results in 'file' type in the
deployment file.

I would like to see in my deployment file something like this:
    <disk type='block' device='disk'>
       <driver name='qemu' type='raw' cache='none'/>
       <source dev='/var/lib/one/123/disk.0'/>
       <target dev='vdb' bus='virtio'/>
    </disk>

Due to disk.0 is a symlink to a LVM LV partition.

I define in my VM template the following:
DISK = [
      IMAGE_ID = "66",
      TYPE = "BLOCK"
]

But that somehow will be ignored. How can I trigger ONE to generate
above configuration?

Or for what is the BLOCK type then implemented in ONE? LVM snapshots
where you define SOURCE=/dev/...?

Thanks and Best regards,

Danny