[one-users] storage mount for VMs

Shankhadeep Shome shank15217 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 08:47:58 PDT 2012

Great! Would that be version 3.4 or 4.0?
On Mar 21, 2012 5:29 AM, "Ruben S. Montero" <rsmontero at opennebula.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes, you are right. Next version of OpenNebula features multiple
datastores. In particular, there is a special one (the system datastore)
for storing disk images of running VMs (the /var/lib/one/<vm_id>/images
dirs). Among other benefits this allows the use of multiple datastore types
(TM if you will), and better plan and keep your storage. We keep the
/var/lib/one/<vm_id> for storing deployment files, transfer scripts and the
like. You can think of this directory as a kind of /proc fro VMs.

> Thanks for your comments
>
> Ruben
>
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 6:43 AM, Shankhadeep Shome <shank15217 at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Hi
>>
>> I have been using Open Nebula for a while now and it's getting quite
polished however I never really understood the point of creating VM
directories right under '/var/lib/one/'. It makes it harder to have
different types of storage for running non-persistent storage and
persistent images, also it creates a ton of clutter on the '/var/lib/one/'
location. Why can't the running VMs get their own mount point like
'/var/lib/one/vms' or something?