[one-users] when is ONE_LOCATION set?

Massimo Canonico mex at di.unipmn.it
Tue Jun 5 15:48:40 PDT 2012

Hi,
thanks for your answer.

You said:

On 06/06/2012 12:41 AM, Hector Sanjuan wrote:

> etc. As I say, all the docs are mostly written contemplating the
> system-wide install, so whenever you see something like /var/lib/one
> you have to think of it as $ONE_LOCATION/var. /etc/one would be
> $ONE_LOCATION/etc and so on.

Actually it is a little bit more complicated.

For example, here:
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.4:xeng
the doc mentions about two files:

|/usr/lib/one/mads/one_vmm_exec
||/var/lib/one/remotes/vmm/xen

that correspond to:
|$ONE_LOCATION/lib/mads/one_vmm_exec
$ONE_LOCATION/lib/mads/one_im_exec

If you guys want me to fix the docs for "local installation" just let me
know.
Give me an email address about who is in chage about docs, and I will be
happy to improve it.

The final, but most important question is: does OpenNebula work with
local installation?