[one-users] when is ONE_LOCATION set?

Hector Sanjuan hsanjuan at opennebula.org
Tue Jun 5 15:41:49 PDT 2012

Hi,

I think from certain point we decided to take system-wide installation as
the standard and to use it as reference when writing all the documentation
as it was sort of confusing and hard to do otherwise. That's why maybe it
is not very clear that when installing in self-contained you need to have
ONE_LOCATION exported. Typically, I would put it in oneadmin's ~/.bashrc.
You can also

export PATH="$ONE_LOCATION/bin:$PATH"

etc. As I say, all the docs are mostly written contemplating the
system-wide install, so whenever you see something like /var/lib/one you
have to think of it as $ONE_LOCATION/var. /etc/one would be
$ONE_LOCATION/etc and so on.

Hope it helps,
--
Hector Sanjuan