[one-users] when is ONE_LOCATION set?

Hector Sanjuan hsanjuan at opennebula.org
Tue Jun 5 16:16:07 PDT 2012

> Actually it is a little bit more complicated.
>
> For example, here:
> http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.4:xeng
> the doc mentions about two files:
>
> |/usr/lib/one/mads/one_vmm_exec
> ||/var/lib/one/remotes/vmm/xen
>
> that correspond to:
> |$ONE_LOCATION/lib/mads/one_vmm_exec
> $ONE_LOCATION/lib/mads/one_im_exec

Actually,

/var/lib/one/remotes/vmm/xen does *not* correspond to
$ONE_LOCATION/lib/mads/one_im_exec

but to the $ONE_LOCATION/var/remotes/vmm/xen folder

as you see /usr/lib/one -> $ONE_LOCATION/lib
and /var/lib/one -> $ONE_LOCATION/var

In the install.sh you can see the correlations of folders:

system-wide
     BIN_LOCATION="/usr/bin"
     LIB_LOCATION="/usr/lib/one"
     ETC_LOCATION="/etc/one"
     LOG_LOCATION="/var/log/one"
     VAR_LOCATION="/var/lib/one"
     SUNSTONE_LOCATION="$LIB_LOCATION/sunstone"
     OZONES_LOCATION="$LIB_LOCATION/ozones"
     SYSTEM_DS_LOCATION="$VAR_LOCATION/datastores/0"
     DEFAULT_DS_LOCATION="$VAR_LOCATION/datastores/1"
     RUN_LOCATION="/var/run/one"
     LOCK_LOCATION="/var/lock/one"
     INCLUDE_LOCATION="/usr/include"
     SHARE_LOCATION="/usr/share/one"
     MAN_LOCATION="/usr/share/man/man1"

self-contained
     BIN_LOCATION="$ROOT/bin"
     LIB_LOCATION="$ROOT/lib"
     ETC_LOCATION="$ROOT/etc"
     VAR_LOCATION="$ROOT/var"
     SUNSTONE_LOCATION="$LIB_LOCATION/sunstone"
     OZONES_LOCATION="$LIB_LOCATION/ozones"
     SYSTEM_DS_LOCATION="$VAR_LOCATION/datastores/0"
     DEFAULT_DS_LOCATION="$VAR_LOCATION/datastores/1"
     INCLUDE_LOCATION="$ROOT/include"
     SHARE_LOCATION="$ROOT/share"
     MAN_LOCATION="$ROOT/share/man/man1"

Note that the LOG, RUN and LOCK folders default to $ONE_LOCATION/var in
self-contained mode.

> If you guys want me to fix the docs for "local installation" just let me
> know.

Thanks but as I see the docs are not 'broken'. It is easier to write, read
and maintain the documentation without constantly making explicit mention
of the install mode.

> The final, but most important question is: does OpenNebula work with
> local installation?

Yes yes, just as it would system-wide.

--
Hector Sanjuan