[one-users] Changing Resources

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Mon Jun 4 09:44:59 PDT 2012

Hi,

In OpenNebula you can't dynamically edit the capacity of a VM (yet, this
will change in the short-term).
So, rather than modifying the "webby" VM, what you have to do is create a
new Template based on "little" that uses the "webby" disk.

The steps you would have to follow are:

1) Save the "webby" disk as an Image:
$ onevm saveas webby 0 webby_img
$ onevm shutdown webby

2) Create a new Template, based on "little", but with big capacity and the
DISK pointing to the new "webby_img" Image.
3) Instantiate it
$ onetemplate instantiate <id> --name webby

Regards
--
Carlos Martín, MSc
Project Engineer