[one-users] MPI Cluster on OpenNebula

Shankhadeep Shome shank15217 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 12:04:34 PDT 2012

Hi Quynh

Well, you can do the following

   - Create a master node template and slave node template, make their
   configuration such that they keep that relationship, one way ssh key etc
   - Deploy the master node and configure the software on it then deploy as
   many slave nodes to connect back to the master node.
   - In our configuration, we deploy M identical nodes, then we pick one of
   the nodes as master and install the master node software (cloudera manager
   in our case).
   - Then we use cloudera manager to deploy the rest of the nodes, in our
   case this includes one hdfs name node, one job tracker, (M-3) hdfs data
   nodes and (M-3) map reduce task trackers.
   - We have deployed around 50 VMs within a 30 min period using this
   configuration.

Shank