[one-users] MPI Cluster on OpenNebula

Quynh Le lhnquynh at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 23:58:15 PDT 2012

Hello Shankhadeep,

Thank you for your information. I am able to setup such a virtual cluster using another cloud middleware like OpenNebula so I can understand the situation. What I wanna make clear is:
- This is a kind of Master/Slave cluster: 1 head node and N worker nodes.
- We can launch a group of VMs to make N+1 VMs for the cluster.
- Then, do you have to setup hadoop master node and worker nodes manually, OR are they (VMs) automatically configured to be "1 master + N workers".
- In this case, how many VM images you use? 1 VM image for master node, 1 for worker nodes, or 1 for all?

I'm looking forward to your sharing.

Cheers,
Quynh