[one-users] OpenNebula with VMWare ESXi

Vladimir Vuksan vlists at veus.hr
Thu Feb 16 07:08:06 PST 2012

Comments inline

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012, Tino Vazquez wrote:

> VMware and KVM are not compatible at the disk format, so basically
> yes, you will need to convert them
>
>> Image templates are not
>> really well defined and are very basically defined in the documentation. I
>> was wondering if anyone is actually using OpenNebula and VMWware
>> successfully ?
>
> Could you please be more specific about which details you are missing?

I think a basic example that goes from beginning to end would be very
helpful. For example at

http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.2:evmwareg

says

   Afterwards, a image template needs to be written, using the vmware://
   prefix for the PATH. For example:

   NAME = MyVMwareDisk
   PATH = vmware:///absolute/path/to/disk/folder
   TYPE = OS

I don't now what this means. Which absolute path to disk is this ? On the
VMWare server, on image server. How do I register it ?

Vladimir