[one-users] permissions problems with opennebula 3.2.1

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Tue Feb 14 04:31:39 PST 2012

Hi,

> I agree on documentation, but in this case at least error message is
> misleading. Instead of misleading "Could not get virtual network for
> VM." there should be better "Could not find virtual network for VM." at
> least or better continue search at user group level, because usually
> people work in groups.

The problem here is uniqueness of the names. Currently OpenNebula
requires names to be unique at the user level. If we want to default
to group search for image/vnet names, then the names should be unique
at that level. IMHO this will limit OpenNebula's usability for medium
to large size groups.

To ease this somehow, sunstone includes by default the _UNAME
attribute when you refer to an image or vnet.

Totally agree that the error message is totally misleading.

THANKS very much for your feedback!

Rubne

--
Ruben S. Montero, PhD