[one-users] permissions problems with opennebula 3.2.1

Rolandas Naujikas rolandas.naujikas at mif.vu.lt
Mon Feb 13 08:17:02 PST 2012

On 2012-02-13 16:15, Daniel Molina wrote:
> Hi Rolandas,
>
> On 13 February 2012 14:59, Rolandas Naujikas
> <rolandas.naujikas at mif.vu.lt> wrote:
>> On 2012-02-13 13:15, Rolandas Naujikas wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We have serious permissions problems with opennebula 3.2.1.
>>> We cannot create VM with users in oneadmin group.
>>> More details on demand. It looks like a similar problem with 3.2, but in
>>> reverse.
>>
>> When I replaced (in VM templates) references to images/networks from
>> names to ids, there are no more problems with permissions. So there is
>> problem with finding by name of objects, not owned by the user (but
>> accessible by group permissions).
>
> Referencing image/network resources by name will only check the
> resources owned by the user. If you want to use another image you have
> to specify by ID or specify the uid/uname of the owner:
>
> http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.2:template#using_an_image
> http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/966

I agree on documentation, but in this case at least error message is
misleading. Instead of misleading "Could not get virtual network for
VM." there should be better "Could not find virtual network for VM." at
least or better continue search at user group level, because usually
people work in groups.

Regards, Rolandas Naujikas