[one-users] SaaS with OpenNebula

Martin Zangl martin.zangl at hm-pv.de
Mon Feb 13 06:14:29 PST 2012

Hello,

I´m new to virtualization and opennebula. Actual I'm planning to virtualize some software systems in our company.
The goal is, to provide some programs to client computers in office. Accordingly when a user asks for a program, opennebula should instance an os-template with the program installed and the user can work with it. When work is done, the instance should be shutdown and the instance be deleted.
Other option would be, that opennebula provides the programs to the users dynamically in instances depended on the count of users who need it at the moment.
A scenario would be: A user connects to opennebula server by vnc, then opennebula automatically make an instance and the vnc connection to the instance is established. After closing the connection or shutdown of the virtual os the instance should be deleted.
The programs I want to provide are no server programs. So they are running when a user needs them, then they should stop for saving resources.

Is this possible to do with opennebula or is there another possibility?

Opennebula would run on a Debian-host with Windows or Mac guests. I guess this is possible with Xen Hypervisor.

Looking forward to you answer.
Greetings from Germany.

Yours sincerely

Martin Zangl
state-certified technician (electrical engineering)
system administrator

hm-pv GmbH
Schmitzdorferstr. 2a
93482 Pemfling/Grafenkirchen
Germany

www.hm-pv.de

phone    +49 (0) 9975/90433-23
fax         +49 (0) 9975/90433-65
mobile    +49 (0) 171/2890134
mail        martin.zangl at hm-pv.de

Amtsgericht Regensburg HRB 9547 - GF: Herbert Mauerer
USt-IdNr. DE 239869352

 hm-pv  has become a collection point of the European "PV CYCLE Association",to support the recycling of photovoltaic modules.
The contents of this e-mail are confidential. If you are not the named addressee or if this transmission has been addressed to you in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying and transmission is forbidden. E-Mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure. If this transmission has been addressed to you in error, please send it to: info at hm-pv.de