[one-users] permissions problems with opennebula 3.2.1

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Mon Feb 13 06:15:06 PST 2012

Hi Rolandas,

On 13 February 2012 14:59, Rolandas Naujikas
<rolandas.naujikas at mif.vu.lt> wrote:
> On 2012-02-13 13:15, Rolandas Naujikas wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have serious permissions problems with opennebula 3.2.1.
>> We cannot create VM with users in oneadmin group.
>> More details on demand. It looks like a similar problem with 3.2, but in
>> reverse.
>
> When I replaced (in VM templates) references to images/networks from
> names to ids, there are no more problems with permissions. So there is
> problem with finding by name of objects, not owned by the user (but
> accessible by group permissions).

Referencing image/network resources by name will only check the
resources owned by the user. If you want to use another image you have
to specify by ID or specify the uid/uname of the owner:

http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.2:template#using_an_image
http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/966

Cheers

> Regards, Rolandas Naujikas