[one-users] experiences with distributed FS?

Gian Uberto Lauri saint at eng.it
Thu Feb 9 00:52:35 PST 2012

HE> Hi Joao,
>> We're looking into the possibility of using a distributed FS, like
>> glusterfs or similar solution for the image repository

HE> We are looking forward to use GPFS as a clustered FS for our
HE> upcoming KVM & OpenNebula solution since we are already a happy
HE> GPFS user.

Beware  of the  clustering  software, be  sure to  use  a very  recent
release (i.e. the on in Debian Stable).

I tried it with an older, broken version of the clustering software and
initially it worked wonderfully well... Until the cluster software began
to malfunction and kick the servers out.

But we plan  to use something like  this in the future  (since we have
sysadmin much better than me available :) ).

--
ing. Gian Uberto Lauri
Ricercatore / Reasearcher

GianUberto.Lauri at eng.it

Engineering Ingegneria Informatica spa
Corso Stati Uniti 23/C, 35127 Padova (PD)

Tel. +39-049.8283.571         | main(){printf(&unix["\021%six\012\0"],
Fax  +39-049.8283.569		  |    (unix)["have"]+"fun"-0x60);}
Skype: gian.uberto.lauri	  |          David Korn, AT&T Bell Labs
http://www.eng.it 			  |          ioccc best One Liner, 1987