[one-users] VM disk space insufficient

Lawrence Chiong junix88 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 12:03:21 PDT 2012

*Hello,

I encountered another issues on my deployed VM. The scenario - I
created a CentOS 6.2 x86_64bit image via qemu-img having a capacity of
5G which I used for my VM (in which case the logical volume (lv)
capacity is 5G).
BUT when I tried to install and setup mysql and dump database I DON'T
have enough space for the purpose. My question is how could I address
the issue. Tried to extent my lv but
it fails because it needs to mkfs the lv before I could extent the
size of which as I understand NOT an ideal solution.

Please help how could I possibly allocate more disk space for this VM.
And how can I do this?

Thanks again for your kind help.

Junix*