[one-users] VM disk space insufficient

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Wed Aug 22 00:52:48 PDT 2012

Hello,

well, OpenNebula doesn't offer a way to dynamically grow an image, but what
you could do, is to create a new datablock and attach it to the running vm.
Once it's detected, you can mount it inside your VM increasing your
available space.

http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.6:vm_guide_2#disk_operations

Hope this helps,
Jaime

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 9:03 PM, Lawrence Chiong <junix88 at gmail.com> wrote:

> *Hello,
>
> I encountered another issues on my deployed VM. The scenario - I created a CentOS 6.2 x86_64bit image via qemu-img having a capacity of 5G which I used for my VM (in which case the logical volume (lv) capacity is 5G).
>

> BUT when I tried to install and setup mysql and dump database I DON'T have enough space for the purpose. My question is how could I address the issue. Tried to extent my lv but
> it fails because it needs to mkfs the lv before I could extent the size of which as I understand NOT an ideal solution.
>

> Please help how could I possibly allocate more disk space for this VM. And how can I do this?
>
> Thanks again for your kind help.
>
> Junix*

Jaime Melis
www.OpenNebula.org | jmelis at opennebula.org