[one-users] install_gems on opennebula 3.0beta2 (fwd)

Steven Timm timm at fnal.gov
Thu Sep 8 20:07:14 PDT 2011

I am trying to run the install_gems script on a clean
build of opennebula 3.0beta2 just downloaded today.

[root at fermicloud046 share]# ./install_gems
Distribution not detected. Make sure you manually install the
dependencies described in Building from Source from the OpenNebula
documentation.

Press enter to continue...
About to install the gems for these components:
* optional
* sunstone
* quota
* cloud
* ozones_server
* acct

Press enter to continue...

gem install --no-ri --no-rdoc nokogiri
ERROR:  Error installing nokogiri:
         nokogiri requires Ruby version >= 1.8.7
Error installing nokogiri
----------------------

It is possible to force an install of earlier versions of nokogiri
and other gems that can use ruby 1.8.5, but eventually I wind up
getting undefined symbol errors that way and still not getting all
the gems installed.

The error message says "Make sure you manually install the dependencies
described in Building from Source.  All I see in

http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.0:compile

is information about the rubygems and the various devel libraries
they need, not ruby itself.

This is sci. linux 5.5, x86_64 bit, ruby version 1.8.5.

(ps--I have seen that I may need a newer version of sqlite, ]
working on that.  But don't understand why, since I built with

scons mysql=yes

Steve Timm

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
timm at fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Group Leader.
Lead of FermiCloud project.