[one-users] install_gems on opennebula 3.0beta2 (fwd)

Steven Timm timm at fnal.gov
Fri Sep 9 07:34:11 PDT 2011

I rebuilt again with the new sqlite libraries and
then attempted to parse through the install_gems script
and install what would have been installed by the "redhat" option.
This time through I got all the sunstone-related gems installed
and can start sunstone.

But still get stuck on nokogiri (needs ruby > 1.8.7),
rake (needs rubygems 1.3.2)
xmlparser (depends on rake)

I have rubygems 1.3.1 and ruby 1.8.5.
Is it possible to have a consistent set of gems that
work on this platform?

Steve Timm

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011, Steven Timm wrote:

> I am trying to run the install_gems script on a clean
> build of opennebula 3.0beta2 just downloaded today.
>
> [root at fermicloud046 share]# ./install_gems
> Distribution not detected. Make sure you manually install the
> dependencies described in Building from Source from the OpenNebula
> documentation.
>
> Press enter to continue...
> About to install the gems for these components:
> * optional
> * sunstone
> * quota
> * cloud
> * ozones_server
> * acct
>
> Press enter to continue...
>
> gem install --no-ri --no-rdoc nokogiri
> ERROR:  Error installing nokogiri:
>        nokogiri requires Ruby version >= 1.8.7
> Error installing nokogiri
> ----------------------
>
> It is possible to force an install of earlier versions of nokogiri
> and other gems that can use ruby 1.8.5, but eventually I wind up
> getting undefined symbol errors that way and still not getting all
> the gems installed.
>
> The error message says "Make sure you manually install the dependencies
> described in Building from Source.  All I see in
>
> http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.0:compile
>
> is information about the rubygems and the various devel libraries
> they need, not ruby itself.

> This is sci. linux 5.5, x86_64 bit, ruby version 1.8.5.
>
> (ps--I have seen that I may need a newer version of sqlite, ]
> working on that.  But don't understand why, since I built with
>
> scons mysql=yes
>
> Steve Timm

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
timm at fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Group Leader.
Lead of FermiCloud project.