[one-users] cancel live migration in progress

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Thu Oct 20 03:51:37 PDT 2011

Hello,

Just to shed some light on the process of live migration there's this
simplified document for KVM (the other hypervisors do basically the
same):

http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Migration#Algorithm_.28the_short_version.29

As Samuel says we could have a timeout for live migration but giving
sensible defaults without knowing what the VMs are doing or the
bandwidth available is a bit risky

Anyway, 2 days migrating looks a bit strange to me.

Bye

--
Javier Fontán Muiños
Project Engineer