[one-users] OpenNbula 3.0 migration: problem with onedb

Ruben Diez rdiez at cesga.es
Tue Oct 18 03:35:35 PDT 2011

Hi:

We are attempt to migrate OpenNebula from 2.1.80 to 3.0....

But the new 3.0 OpenNebula was installed in a new machine.

For database migration, we have followed these steps:

1- In the old machine, we made a dump of the database:

mysqldump -h localhost -u oneadmin -p opennebula >opennebula_2_database.mysq

2- In the new machine, we create the oneadmin user, an empty opennebula
database and grant privileges to user oneadmin on database opennebula:

 mysql> create user 'oneadmin'@'localhost' identified by 'XXXXX';
 mysql> create database opennebula;
 mysql> grant all privileges on opennebula.* to 'oneadmin'@'localhost';

3- Now, in the new machine, we restore the 2.1 version database:

mysql -h localhost -u oneadmin -p opennebula <opennebula_2_database.mysql

4- The configuration of the database is set in the oned.conf file:

 DB = [ backend = "mysql",
        server  = "localhost",
        port    = 0,
        user    = "oneadmin",
        passwd  = "XXXXX",
        db_name = "opennebula" ]

5- Now, we attempt the database conversion: but it fails:

#oneadmin at onesrv04:/srv/cloud$ onedb upgrade
-v
Database schema does not look to be created by OpenNebula: table
user_pool is missing or empty.

We attempt to avoid oned.conf file, but also fails:

#oneadmin at onesrv04:/srv/cloud$ onedb upgrade -v  -u oneadmin -d
opennebula
MySQL Password:
MySQL option DBNAME is needed

#oneadmin at onesrv04:/srv/cloud$ onedb upgrade -v  -u root -d opennebula
MySQL Password:
MySQL option DBNAME is needed

#oneadmin at onesrv04:/srv/cloud$ onedb upgrade -v -P 3306 -S localhost -u
oneadmin -d opennebula
MySQL Password:
MySQL option DBNAME is needed

Any ideas about why the database migration fails??

Regards....