[one-users] How to add worker nodes and to configure Open Nebula with XEN?

Anders Branderud anders.branderud at gmail.com
Thu May 19 05:17:57 PDT 2011

Hello!

Thanks for the previous help with non-shared vs shared installation of Open
Nebula.

I have now installed an Open Nebula express installation - CentOS, SSH and
Xen.

I have installed it on the front end and on one worker node following these
instructions:
http://opennebula.org/software:addons:express

I also did this as was specified in the express installation script:
brctl addbr br0
brctl addif br0 eth1

I would now like to have some further guidance of what I should do.

The above link says that I now should do this: “oneadmin at frontend:~$ onehost
create worker_node01 im_kvm vmm_kvm tm_nfs“

However, it seems to be what I should do had I installed KVM.

What is the command that I should run on the front end?

Could anyone also give me instructions of how to deploy a XEN virtual
machine on the front end and on a worker node? The guide on the Open
Nebula-website only provides instructions for KVM.

Thanks!!

--Kind Regards, Anders Branderud

[Personal blog] bloganders.blogspot.com  : Logical reasons - based on
scientific premises - for the existence of a Super Intelligent Creator and
that He hasn't left His sapient creatures without an Instruction Manual -
Torah ['books of Moses'] - to ascertain, and aspire to, His purpose.

[Company] Anders Branderud IT Solutions - www.abitsolutions.org