[one-users] onevm restart: Error: Wrong state to perform action

knawnd at gmail.com knawnd at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 01:16:41 PST 2011

Dear list,

I created xen based VM. Its deployment fails because I specified wrong
xen driver when I was adding cluster node into the cluster (vvm_xen
instead of vmm_xen). I deleted that cluster node from the node list and
add it again with proper driver name:
$ onehost create edugrid09 im_xen vmm_xen tm_ssh

$ onehost list
   ID NAME              CLUSTER  RVM   TCPU   FCPU   ACPU    TMEM
FMEM STAT
    1 edugrid09         default           0           0            0
      100        0K            0K      on

Now I would like to restart already created VM on that new host.
According to 'man onevm':
        restart (Resubmits the VM after failure)
           onevm restart <vm_id>
I did
$ onevm list
    ID     USER     NAME  STAT CPU     MEM        HOSTNAME        TIME
     0 oneadmin   vps145 fail        0          0K             edugrid09
      00 00:06:15

$ onevm restart 0
Error: Wrong state to perform action

oned.log:
[...]
Wed Jan 26 12:01:35 2011 [DiM][D]: Restarting VM 0
Wed Jan 26 12:01:35 2011 [DiM][E]: Could not restart VM 0, wrong state.
Wed Jan 26 12:01:35 2011 [ReM][E]: Wrong state to perform action
Wed Jan 26 12:01:39 2011 [ReM][D]: HostPoolInfo method invoked
Wed Jan 26 12:01:39 2011 [ReM][D]: VirtualMachinePoolInfo method invoked
[...]

Isn't restart command for VM resubmission after failure, is it?

Regards,
Nikolay.