[one-users] open-nebula front-end hardware requirements

Steven Timm timm at fnal.gov
Wed Jan 26 06:51:44 PST 2011

It really depends on what transfer mechanism (ssh, nfs, or other)
you are going to use.  The OpenNebula "oned" and "sched" daemons
don't usse very much memory or cpu.  The load on my 8-node
cloud head node is 0.01 right now.

The load comes if you are going to have a centralized image repository
on the head node and transfer everything via ssh/scp to the VM hosts.
In that case a robust disk RAID array is more important than CPU.

Steve Timm

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011, Luigi Fortunati wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm planning to build a cloud infrastructure based on open nebula 2.0.1 and
> vmware hypervisors (ESXi 4.1 Free).
> However I couldn't find any useful information either on the open-source or
> the commercial project websites about minimum or recommended hardware
> requirements for the computer that will host the Open Nebula Front-end.
> Do you have any suggestion on this point?

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
timm at fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Group Leader.
Lead of FermiCloud project.