[one-users] VM quotas and priorities?

Ivan Voras ivoras at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 11:32:34 PST 2011

On 9 February 2011 17:00, Javier Fontan <jfontan at gmail.com> wrote:
> OpenNebula supports changing scheduling policies [1] using rank and
> requirements parameters in the template file [2]. There's also a quota
> system implemented for cpu and memory [3] but is can be easily
> modified to cope with more resource constraints [4].
>
> [1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.0:schg
> [2] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.0:template#Placement_Section
> [3] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.0:users
> [4] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.0:auth

Thanks for your reply; I've found the MM scheduler and per-user quotas
but what I'm trying to found out is if there is something like
VMWare's reservations and priorities, see e.g. page 78 of:

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere4/r41/vsp_41_vm_admin_guide.pdf

(docs home at http://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/vs_pages/vsp_pubs_esxi41_i_vc41.html).