[one-users] VM quotas and priorities?

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 08:00:58 PST 2011

OpenNebula supports changing scheduling policies [1] using rank and
requirements parameters in the template file [2]. There's also a quota
system implemented for cpu and memory [3] but is can be easily
modified to cope with more resource constraints [4].

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.0:schg
[2] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.0:template#Placement_Section
[3] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.0:users
[4] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.0:auth

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 7:32 PM, Ivan Voras <ivoras at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are trying to evaluate OpenNebula and one of the things we are
> looking into is the possibility of configuring priorities and quotas
> to CPU, network and disk IO. Of course, these are just a wishlist.
>
> I haven't found any documentation that would suggest that OpenNebula
> supports these features - maybe I've missed something?

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher