[one-users] How to get information of actual VMs from inside a cluster

Akihiko Ota skywalker.37th at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 01:24:05 PST 2011

Hi,

I intend to build VM clusters for high-performance computing by OpenNebula.
Each cluster shares /home by NFS and run MPI job individually.
And I would provide them as private cluster to several users.

I expect that NFS configuration can make using some way.
(e.g. static config in VM image, dynamic config by context)

But, in order to submit MPI job, it is necessary to know actual
compute-node (hostname, IP address, cores, etc...).
The number of VM of cluster can change on-demand by OpenNebula.
But maybe each VM cannot know change of member of cluster.

I cannot conceive the smart way how to know information of actual VMs
from inside a cluster environment.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks,

--