[one-users] How to get information of actual VMs from inside a cluster

Steffen Neumann sneumann at ipb-halle.de
Wed Dec 14 01:34:39 PST 2011

Hi,

On Wed, 2011-12-14 at 18:24 +0900, Akihiko Ota wrote:
> I intend to build VM clusters for high-performance computing by
> OpenNebula.
We have a "virtual" HPC cluster, using the SGE,
and the nodes register themselves as SGE hosts during bootup.

> But, in order to submit MPI job, it is necessary to know actual
> compute-node (hostname, IP address, cores, etc...).
> The number of VM of cluster can change on-demand by OpenNebula.
> But maybe each VM cannot know change of member of cluster.
Another possibility would be to run ganglia on the virtual nodes,
and query ganglia for the running hosts available for the MPI jobs.

Yours,
Steffen

--
IPB Halle                    AG Massenspektrometrie & Bioinformatik
Dr. Steffen Neumann          http://www.IPB-Halle.DE