[one-users] Why to use Opennebula?

Steffen Neumann sneumann at ipb-halle.de
Mon Aug 29 02:14:17 PDT 2011

Hi,

?

> why I should use Opennebula instead of Xen (that it also allows live migration) or someother products...
What for ? Unless you lay out the use case, the answers
can only point into the blue!

> I don't know if this is the appropiate forum
basically yes.

> excuse me if it isn't, but actually I just want to justify to my boss the use of this product.
> Also I want to ask to the community if someone is using Opennebula in production environments.
> We are thinking about providing our products as SaaS,
> and one way could be creating our own private cloud, I was wondering if Opennebula could meet those needs.
Depending on your needs, you might consider
the professional C12G support. On our smallish
cluster for research related simulations we don't need it,
but if some business relies on it, you might be better off
with some professionals for support cases.

Yours,
Steffen

--
IPB Halle                    AG Massenspektrometrie & Bioinformatik
Dr. Steffen Neumann          http://www.IPB-Halle.DE