[one-users] directories cleanup management

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Thu Oct 28 09:48:26 PDT 2010

Hi,

We usually address this with a hook, like this

VM_HOOK = [
   name      = "delete_vmdir",
   on        = "done",
   command   = "/bin/rm",
   arguments = "-rf /srv/cloud/one/var/$VMID ",
   remote    = "no" ]

Cheers

Ruben

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Olivier Sallou <olivier.sallou at irisa.fr>wrote:

> Hi,
> I wonder if there is a "plan" or some advices for directories cleanup.
>
> ONE create a dir for each VM in /var/lib/one with logs etc...
>
> After some time, it can quite quite huge (at least in number of
> directories).
>
> Is there any advice on how to clean up the directory? Indeed, you can have
> "old" directories but with still deployed VMs, so can we remove anyway old
> directories?
>
> As well on remote nodes, when VM is deleted, the image itself is deleted,
> but local work dir is still present. I think it should be deleted with the
> image.
>
> thanks
>
> Olivier

Dr. Ruben Santiago Montero
Associate Professor (Profesor Titular), Complutense University of Madrid