[one-users] error while loading shared libraries: libsqlite3.so.0

Jaime Melis j.melis at fdi.ucm.es
Mon Mar 15 07:02:19 PDT 2010

Hi Nuno,

I've just read the thread you refer to in the CentOS forum, and I understand
you have been able to fix it. Apparently the problem is that the source
install doesn't take care of symlinks properly, since the libraries need to
be also under /usr/lib64, that's correct, right?

Nevertheless, the conclusion is that this problem is caused because the
installation was done using the make install approach, which is discouraged
according to the CentOS wiki [1]. So we should find an alternative way to
install sqlite through src.rpm's.

As soon as I find and an sqlite src.rpm compatible with CentOS 5, and test
it I will update the Platform Notes section in OpenNebula's documentation
and point out that source installations are not the proper way to go.

[1] http://wiki.centos.org/PackageManagement/SourceInstalls

Thank you.

Regards,
Jaime