[one-users] one-template: hvmloader boot order (device map)

Martin Sobotta martin at punix.de
Thu Mar 11 07:09:24 PST 2010

Hello.

My current problem is, i want to start a VM with a bootloader and a
corresponding bootorder (device-map).
The basic api for defining a BOOTLOADER within a ONE-template is not
sufficient to achieve this.

The desired values are shown in the following virsh-template:
<currentMemory>512000</currentMemory>
  <vcpu>1</vcpu>
  <os>
    <type>hvm</type>
    <loader>/usr/lib/xen-3.2-1/boot/hvmloader</loader>
    <boot dev='hd'/>
    <boot dev='network'/>
  </os>
  <clock offset='utc'/>

I tried to use the RAW[]-section, to put in some values to test it. It
didnt work either.
(http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel1.4:template -> RAW Section)

Im currently fighting to compile libvirt with ONE-drivers so i may just
use my old virsh-template and only using ONE for the deployment.
(https://opennebula.org/doku.php?id=documentation:rel1.4:libvirtapi)
(http://libvirt.org/drvone.html)

Does anyone of you have some ideas how to integrate the BOOTLOADER
"options" (device-map) shown above, or a way to workaround?

[Goal: The usage for this is to achieve the possibility to start a
network install (pxe/nfs), reboot, and then boot from new partitioned
harddisk
 with a new system on it.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thank you in advance,