[one-users] econe tools

Tino Vazquez tinova at fdi.ucm.es
Wed Jan 13 04:00:25 PST 2010

Hi Maciej,

Authentication in the EC2 Query framework is done using the
credentials and the FQDN of the econe server. Can you send through
your econe.conf file? Maybe it gives hints as why the server is not
authenticating your using even if the credentials are well set.

Best regards,

-Tino

--
Constantino Vázquez, Grid Technology Engineer/Researcher:
http://www.dsa-research.org/tinova

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 7:36 PM, Maciej Kruk <makhanmail at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks. I tried uploading the image file, but I get Invalid credentials
> error:
>
> root at cloud01:~# export EC2_URL=http://cloud01.my.domain.pl:4567
> root at cloud01:~# econe-upload /home/one/ubuntu.img
> econe-upload: Invalid credentials
>
> I tried setting EC2_ACCESS_KEY and EC2_SECRET_KEY to user and password, and
> I tried passing these arguments to econe-upload, but the result is the same.
> I'm using the same credentials I use for onevm create.
>
> 2010/1/8 Javier Fontan <jfontan at gmail.com>
>>
>> Hello,
>> The problem with econe-describe-instances seems to be caused because there
>> are no instances defined. You should create some instances before listing
>> them. I agree that the error message is not very descriptive.
>> Bye
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 3:31 AM, makhanmail <makhanmail at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I have a system wide installation of OpenNebula 1.4 on Ubuntu 9.04 with
>>> one front-end and one node.
>>>
>>> OpenNebula works just fine, econe-server starts without errors, but I
>>> can't perform any operations on it:
>>>

>>> root at cloud01:/home/one# econe-server start
>>> econe-server started
>>>
>>> root at cloud01:/home/one# econe-describe-instances
>>> econe-describe-instances: undefined method `elements' for nil:NilClass
>>>

>>> I think I configured everything correctly
>>>

>>> root at cloud01:/home/one# cat /etc/one/econe.conf
>>> # OpenNebula administrator user
>>> USER=one
>>> PASSWORD=mypass
>>>
>>> # OpenNebula sever contact information
>>> ONE_XMLRPC=http://localhost:2633/RPC2
>>>
>>> # Host and port where econe server will run
>>> SERVER=cloud01.my.domain.pl
>>> PORT=4567
>>>
>>> # SSL proxy that serves the API (set if is being used)
>>> #SSL_SERVER=fqdm.of.the.server
>>>
>>> # Configuration for the image repository
>>> DATABASE=/var/lib/one/econe.db
>>> IMAGE_DIR=/home/one/images/
>>>
>>> # VM types allowed and its template file (inside templates directory)
>>> VM_TYPE=[NAME=m1.small, TEMPLATE=m1.small.erb]
>>>
>>> root at cloud01:/home/one# gem list
>>>
>>> *** LOCAL GEMS ***
>>>
>>> actionmailer (2.3.5)
>>> actionpack (2.3.5)