[one-users] econe tools

Maciej Kruk makhanmail at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 10:34:37 PST 2010

Hi Tino,

Yeah, you're right, that was one of the things I got wrong, but I already
fixed it and it works just fine.

For the people who have the same problem as I had, here is the list of
things I found a bit confusing, or did wrong:

- apart from gems and packages listed in the configuration guide, you should
install (on ubuntu) gem sqlite3-ruby and packages libcurl4-gnutls-dev
libopenssl-ruby1.8

- ec2 configuration guide says the configuration file is
$ONE_LOCATION/etc/oca.conf
while it should be $ONE_LOCATION/etc/econe.conf (/etc/one/econe.conf for
system wide installation)

- PASSWORD field in econe.conf file refers to the OpenNebula oneadmin
account, NOT the Linux oneadmin account

- you should modife
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/amazon-ec2-0.7.9/lib/AWS/EC2.rb file
(change server address)

- you have to run econe-server with no EC2_URL variable set

- to connect to the server you have to set EC2_URL variable to
http://server:port (e.g. http://my.server:4567) or specify it after --url
option

I also tried occi api.
occi-storage and occi-network commands work just fine, but occi-compute
doesn't recognize --instance-type option.
Indeed, when I read occi-compute file, it doesn't mention --instance-type.

root at cloud01:~# occi-compute --url http://my.address.pl:4568 --username one
--password onepass create compute_file
Bad instance type
root at cloud01:~# occi-compute --url http://my.address.pl:4568 --username one
--password onepass --instance-type small create compute_file
/usr/bin/occi-compute: unrecognized option `--instance-type'

What should I do to make it work?

Best regards,
Maciej