[one-users] frontend also worker node?

Stefan P deubeulyou at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 14:20:36 PST 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 9:57 PM, Giovanni Toraldo <me at gionn.net> wrote:

> I was wondering if an rsync of /var/lib/one (or a recent backup) is
> sufficient to migrate the frontend from a node to another without
> problems.

Hi !

Open Nebula uses a sqlite or mysql database, so you should take this into
account in your backup / failover strategy.

If using the mysql backend this could mean using mysqldump in your backup
script, or setting up replication to your secondary frontend node.

I'm not sure what the proper way of backing up sqlite is (maybe the *.backup
* command ?) - but probably by "just" rsyncing you could end up with corrupt
backups.

Regards,
Stefan