[one-users] OpenNebula doesn't works if hosts aren't installed in english !

Philippe Berthault Philippe.Berthault at Bull.net
Wed Dec 15 07:14:45 PST 2010

I've installed a Fedora-14 distribution with french language support.

Because of this, the scheduler of OpenNebula cannot start virtual
machines because it searches english strings in the result of the
command "virsh" to determine my hosts capabilities.

I can change my locale settings to force english language but generally
speaking, the use of command line result parsing in any program is very
problematic and not a viable solution because of possible evolutions of
these command lines. In exemple, Red Hat can change the format of the
virsh command result in the future...

Il will be better to use the libvirt API in the OpenNebula scheduler
instead of using the virsh command line and it's true also for all other
command lines used by OpenNebula : xm, xentop, elastichosts, ec2_xxx, etc...