[one-users] onevm saveas, "ID not defined"

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartins at fdi.ucm.es
Tue Aug 24 07:54:07 PDT 2010

Hi Jason,

Could you send your VM template?

If I'm guessing right, disk 1 wasn't created from an image in the
repository.
The error you are getting is because the onevm command can't find the
IMAGE_ID inside your DISK attribute. The reason why it tries to find the
source image is because it wants to specify the type for the new image, and
it wasn't provided with the -t option.

I have opened a ticket [1], but meanwhile you could just add the "-t OS"
option.

Regards,
Carlos

[1] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/327

Carlos Martín, Cloud Technology Engineer/Researcher
DSA Research Group: web http://dsa-research.org and blog
http://blog.dsa-research.org
OpenNebula Open Source Toolkit for Cloud Computing:
http://www.OpenNebula.org