[one-users] Template syntax for empty attribute

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 04:34:51 PDT 2010

Hello,

Empty vector attributes are not supported the same way as empty
attributes, that is:

SOMETHING=

It is true that all attributes are optional but you have to specify at
least one. We will try to make this more clear in the documentation.

Bye

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Jason Heiss <JHEISS at aput.net> wrote:
> I'm working on my virtual machine template.  For the NIC attribute all sub-attributes are documented as optional[1].  However, if I try to specify an empty NIC attribute like this:
>
> NIC = []
>
> I get a syntax error when trying to deploy that template:
>
> Error: [VirtualMachineAllocate] Error trying to PARSE VM TEMPLATE Returned error code [1].. Reason: syntax error, unexpected CBRACKET, expecting VARIABLE at line 8, columns 163:165
>
> Is there a way to specify a vector attribute with no sub-attributes?
>
> Jason
>
> [1] http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.0:template

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher