[one-users] Template syntax for empty attribute

Jason Heiss JHEISS at aput.net
Wed Aug 18 08:25:26 PDT 2010

I'm working on my virtual machine template.  For the NIC attribute all sub-attributes are documented as optional[1].  However, if I try to specify an empty NIC attribute like this:

NIC = []

I get a syntax error when trying to deploy that template:

Error: [VirtualMachineAllocate] Error trying to PARSE VM TEMPLATE Returned error code [1].. Reason: syntax error, unexpected CBRACKET, expecting VARIABLE at line 8, columns 163:165

Is there a way to specify a vector attribute with no sub-attributes?

Jason

[1] http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.0:template