[one-users] Booting from CDROM image

Jason Heiss jheiss at aput.net
Wed Aug 18 22:18:15 PDT 2010

I'm running 2.0beta1.  I've added a CentOS ISO image and a blank disk image via oneimage:

  ID     USER                 NAME TYPE              REGTIME PUB STAT  #VMS
   0 oneadmin CentOS-5.5-x86_64-ne   CD   Aug 09, 2010 05:28 Yes used     1
   1 oneadmin             blank20G   OS   Aug 09, 2010 05:29 Yes used     1

I've created a template using those images:

DISK = [ image = "CentOS-5.5-x86_64-netinstall.iso" ]
DISK = [ image = "blank20G" ]

When I create a VM from that template it is set to boot only from disk.  The relevant section of the deployment file looks like:

        <os>
                <type>hvm</type>
                <boot dev='hd'/>
        </os>

I've looked through the OpenNebula docs and can't find any mention of how I would get the VM to boot from CD.  Ideally I'd like a disk then CD boot order so that it boots from CD on the first round, then boots from disk after the OS install completes.  I.e. the deployment file would look like:

        <os>
                <type>hvm</type>
                <boot dev='hd'/>
		<boot dev='cdrom'/>
        </os>

Is something like that possible?  Or should I open a feature request ticket?

Jason