[one-users] Host monitoring with snmp ?

Neil Mooney neil.mooney at sara.nl
Wed Apr 21 00:19:39 PDT 2010

Excellent ,  I will package up the snmp information manager scripts and
post them to the ecosystem.

Regarding the monitoring interval, I am a little confused ... perhaps
there is a reason but I cant fathom it , it seems if you don't have
multiples of 10 nodes then your monitoring interval will grow ...

**((2 nodes mod 10) + 1) * 10 = 30 second interval**

**((10 nodes mod 10) + 1) * 10 = 10** second interval****

**((26 nodes mod 10) + 1) * 10 = 70** second interval

******((260 nodes mod 10) + 1) * 10 = 10 second interval
**
Why should it be quicker to monitor 10 or 260 hosts rather than 2 hosts ?

Cheers

Neil